Submission Guidelines for Suddenly, Prose Poetry & Sudden Fiction
Edited by Jackie Pelham
NOT ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME
- 250-800 word maximum for Fiction. Count your words.
- Open to any subject except children's and pornographic.
- We prefer universal themes.
- This is a wide-open genre that is quick to read, not that easy
- 300 word maximum - blocked form (margin to margin). Align left.
- Prose poems have strong visual imagery or emotional intensity.
- Open to any subject except pornographic, childrens'.
Submit (2) typed copies: Up to (1) piece each in fiction &/or poetry:
Name, address & phone number on (1) copy only: Include cover letter
with a 2-3 line bio, name, address & phone number, name of submission
& appropriate section (Fiction or Poetry) These can be sent in same
envelope: SASE: Payment in contributors' copy: Multiple submissions okay
(please indicate): Prefer unpublished, but published once okay (please
indicate): One time rights: Specify whether submitting to FICTION or POETRY:
TEXAS RESIDENTS ONLY OR THOSE WITH STRONG TEXAS TIES.
NEW SELECTION COMMITTEE EACH YEAR
Note: You must enclose SASE for an acknowledgment. For return of submissions,
please include enough postage on correct sized envelope or we probably
won't send it back.
Prefer Courier 12 point font for scanning purposes.
We only read after the deadline each year, so we could hold your work
for many months without responding. For that reason, multiple submissions
are ok with us.
c/o Jackie Pelham,
2468 Southline Road,
Conroe, TX 77384
(Regular 1st Class Mail) No registered mail.
NO E-MAIL SUBMISSIONS.
For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.